Alan C. Fisher, Dr PH, MS
Serving as lead biostatistician for DZS Clinical Services since 2012, Dr. Alan Fisher is our expert in biological statistics, epidemiology and outcomes research with a focus on survival analysis, nonparametric statistics and categorical data analysis. In addition, he has served on many data safety monitoring boards in a multitude of clinical areas including infectious diseases, neurology and immunology.
Throughout his career, Dr. Fisher has been extensively published and developed statistical methods in clinical and preclinical research and has presented to FDA and other regulatory bodies. He has authored, co-authored or presented in excess of 150 publications, abstracts and poster/oral presentations.
Prior to joining us at DZS Clinical Services, Dr. Fisher had an extensive career with Johnson & Johnson in many roles, including clinical trial team lead for women’s health and director of biostatistics. His knowledge of advanced statistical programs coupled with a deep understanding of drug discovery, pharmacokinetics and medical devices makes him an invaluable asset to DZS. Dr. Fisher has overseen programs in many therapeutic areas including cardiovascular, infectious diseases, oncology and women’s health products.
Dr. Fisher received his doctorate in biostatistics and epidemiology from Columbia University in 1985 and an MS in statistics from North Carolina State University in 1978.
Education and Memberships
- BS, Statistics and Biometry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (1969)
- MS, Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC (1972)
- DrPH, Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY (1985)
- Research Fellow, Johnson and Johnson
- Standards of Leadership Awards, Johnson and Johnson
- Encore Awards, Johnson and Johnson
- American Statistical Association
- Biometric Society